Hike any of our local trails and experience first hand why Crested Butte has been decreed the “Wildflower Capital of Colorado”. We’re surrounded by Wilderness area and National Forest lands, with nearly 2 dozen maintained trails to choose from.
Ask our front desk for your complimentary copy of the Crested Butte Short Trail Map which details degree of difficulty and directions to the trail heads.
- Always bring extra water and be prepared for unexpected changes in the weather.
- Apply sunscreen frequently to exposed skin! SPF 15 or higher is best.
- Avoid hiking alone and leave your planned hiking route with someone you trust. Remember: your cell phone will likely not work on any trails in the Colorado Rockies.
- Close gates behind you.
- Stay on the marked trail, don’t create shortcuts.
- Use existing fire rings for campfires rather than creating a new one. Extinguish completely before departing.
- Right of way: hikers and bikers must yield to cattle and horses. Whoever has the uphill path has the right of way, regardless of mode of transportation.