On Mountain Safety Protocols
On Mountain Safety Protocols to expect for 2020/2021 Season
- Out front: This year, our unrivaled commitment to safety takes on more importance than ever amid COVID-19. We are fortunate that skiing and riding takes place outdoors, across huge mountains, offering fresh air and wide-open spaces. However, to help protect our guests, employees and communities, some changes are necessary.
- Goals: Our focus is: the safety of our guests, employees and communities, having a successful season start to finish, and prioritizing our pass holders.
- Reservation System: While we think for the vast majority of days, we’ll be able to safely accommodate the majority of guests who want to ski or ride at our resort – we’re planning for all contingencies (powder days, holidays, limited terrain because of weather, etc.). We want our pass holders to have peace of mind knowing that we’re doing all we can to give them space – and a safe and enjoyable experience. That is why we’re requiring pass holders to make a reservation before they arrive at our mountains – but, pass holders will get the best access.
- Face coverings: Face coverings will be required in every part of our operation, including while loading and riding on chairlifts and in gondolas, inside all buildings, and during all ski and snowboard lessons. No one will be permitted on the mountain without a face covering.
- Chairlifts: We will be seating related parties together, or with space between unrelated parties on our larger lifts.
Do I have to wear a face covering while I’m skiing and snowboarding?
While face coverings are not required during the physical acts of skiing and snowboarding if the guest is maintaining proper physical distance and is not in the vicinity of others, it is recommended guests do so.
What are you doing to ensure physical distancing on chairlifts and other areas?
First and foremost we will manage the number of people on our mountains through a reservation system. Additionally, we will only load related parties (guests skiing and riding together) on chairlifts or with space between unrelated parties on our larger lifts. We will also manage the number of people coming in and out of our restaurants.
Will you be cleaning/disinfecting the lifts/gondolas between use?
Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place daily in our gondola cabins. All high-touch surfaces will be frequently cleaned and disinfected with EPA-approved products that kill the COVID-19 virus.