DOWNLOAD THE TRAIL APP!
If you’re thinking about using our vast trail system this summer, please download the CBGTrails map app before you arrive. Download maps of the Valley’s 750+ miles of mountain biking trails and hundreds of miles of hiking-only trails in our 5 Wilderness areas, making the trails safer and easier to access than ever before.
And for a complete experience guide to all of the valley’s trails, visit Travel Crested Butte.
- Always bring extra water and be prepared for unexpected changes in the weather.
- Apply sunscreen frequently to exposed skin! SPF 15 or higher is best.
- Avoid hiking alone and leave your planned hiking route with someone you trust. Remember: your cell phone will likely not work on any trails in the Colorado Rockies.
- Close gates behind you.
- Stay on the marked trail, don’t create shortcuts.
- Use existing fire rings for campfires rather than creating a new one. Extinguish completely before departing.
- Right of way: hikers and bikers must yield to cattle and horses. Whoever has the uphill path has the right of way, regardless of mode of transportation.